Pleasant View Hosts Open House
On August 4, 2005, Pleasant View Gardens, Loudon, N.H., is hosting its Annual Open House from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Pleasant View is celebrating of its 28th year in business this year and is offering attendees a chance to stroll through its beautiful display gardens while learning about the 130 new varieties they are offering for 2005-06. Attendees will be able to evaluate all of Pleasant Views’ 530 varieties, planted directly in the ground from A-Z. In addition, attendees will see hundreds of baskets, combination pots and window boxes that offer plenty of ideas and inspiration.
There will be educational seminars and informative workshops on becoming a PW Certified Garden Center and a tour of the facilities in Loudon and Pembroke, N.H. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., with a continental breakfast and activities begin at 9:00 a.m. Lunch will also be served. There will be a complimentary buffet for two members of your team with additional tickets available for $15. This fee is waived for garden centers bringing staff who become PW Certified during the open house.
Detailed activities for the day include :
- Trial garden tours, variety evaluation and educational seminars
- Guided or self-paced tours
- Evaluation of 530 varieties for in-ground and container performance
- Introduction of new Proven Winners, Proven Selections and ColorChoice varieties and programs
- Combinations in containers and baskets
- Seminars and informational sessions from Dr. Rick Schoelhorn, Proven Winners plant hunter; Jim Putman, PVG trial manager and ornamental grass expert; Dr. Paul Fisher, associate professor and extension specialist of floriculture at the University of New Hampshire; Judy Sharpton, marketing and garden center display expert and owner of Growing Places, Atlanta, Ga; Dave Konsoer, Proven Winners Certified Garden Center spokesman; cultural information exchange with our growers programs, focused on Solutions.
PVG expects that these programs will help increase margins, expedite crop turns and maximize return on investment. For more details and to RSVP, E-mail [email protected] or call Mike Bronnenberg at (800) 343-4784 x1713.