New England Greenhouse Extension to Host Free Webinars
The New England Greenhouse Extension Programs will present free webinars to help growers get started this season.
The webinars will be 30 minutes long, every Wednesday at noon, starting on Jan. 17. All webinars are free thanks to Sun Gro Horticulture and The Blackmore Company who sponsored this program.
The webinar topics and presenters are listed below.
- Jan. 17 — Growing strong roots from the start – plugs and rooted cuttings, presented by Roberto Lopez, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Jan. 24 — Root-borne pathogens: Identification & control, presented by Rosa E. Raudales, Ph.D.
University of Connecticut
- Jan. 31 — Fungicide drenches, presented by Kerri Stafford, head grower, Cavicchio Greenhouses
- Feb. 7 — Understanding the components of growing media, presented by James Altland, Ph.D., USDA-ARS
- Feb. 14 — Managing pH in the growing media, presented by Ryan Dickson, Ph.D., University of New Hampshire
- Feb. 28 — Using mineral nutrition to prevent root-borne pathogens, presented by Wade Elmer, Ph.D., The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station
For more information, visit https://greenhouse.uconn.edu/webinars/.
The New England Greenhouse webinar series is a collaborative effort of UMass Extension Greenhouse and Floriculture program, University of Connecticut Greenhouse Research & Extension Program, and University of New Hampshire Extension Greenhouse Program.