DEADLINE EXTENDED — Applications Now Being Accepted for GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year
For the past 16 years, GPN and Nexus Greenhouse Corp. have been recognizing outstanding college students with the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship.
GPN and Nexus are now calling for applicants for the 17th GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year. Do you know a college student that has completed a horticulture-related internship this year? Did that student have a little something extra? Is that student now on your radar as a future hire for your company?
The 2016 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive a check for $3,000; be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2016 issue of GPN; receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate16 in Columbus, Ohio, next July; as well as a full Cultivate16 registration.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a four-year accredited university during 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.
- Working on an undergraduate degree in floriculture/horticulture
- Completed a greenhouse internship in 2015.
If all of the above requirements are met, the applicant should submit the following to my attention at [email protected].
- A cover letter stating what university the applicant attends requesting consideration for the scholarship.
- A letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor.
- A minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including who the applicant interned for, what his or her responsibilities were and what the applicant learned during the experience.
The deadline to apply has been extended to Oct. 28, 2015.