AAS Releases New Cooking Video Series
All-America Selections, in partnership with chef and story-teller Jonathan Bardzik, announces its 2018 cooking video series.
These videos help the gardening industry promote AAS Edible Winners by explaining the judging process, showcasing AAS winners and sharing five custom recipes that use more than 15 recent AAS Winners.
After 85 years of conducting trials where only the best performers are declared AAS Winners, the organization now has more than 360 individual edible varieties that have been “Tested Nationally & Proven Locally.”
Videos can be viewed, shared and embedded from YouTube.
- Strawberry Fennel Salad (featuring Delizz strawberries, Antares fennel, Pepitas pumpkin seeds and Dolce Fresca basil)
- Minestrone Pasta (featuring Prism kale, Mad Hatter peppers, Seychelles pole beans and Chef’s Choice Yellow tomatoes)
- Roasted Okra and Tomatoes (featuring Candle Fire okra and Candyland currant tomatoes)
- Watermelon Gazpacho (featuring Mini Love watermelon, Midnight Snack tomatoes, Chili Pie peppers and Dolce Fresca basil)
- Spicy Tomato and Cucumber Salad (featuring Patio Choice Yellow tomatoes, Persian Gherkin cucumbers, Warrior onions and Aji Rico peppers)
Each video and corresponding recipe will be showcased as a blog post on the AAS Website over the next five weeks.
Garden retailers, mail order retailers and other garden supporters can download and use these videos free of charge. Promotional opportunities for retailers include:
- Feature the videos on your website
- Host “Cooking with AAS Winners” Ladies Nights or Couples Nights at your garden center
- Conduct seminars on edible gardening and feature these videos
- Use recipe cards as free give-aways with featured AAS Winner plants or seeds
- Hold a mid-harvest recipe contest highlighting these AAS Winners
For more information, visit www.all-americaselections.org.