AmericanHort Creates Search Committee for New CEO
AmericanHort’s search for a new CEO is progressing with the help of an executive search firm.
The firm will solicit candidates well suited to lead the association and serve the horticulture industry.
The selection of the search firm and ultimately the new CEO will be guided by a search committee comprised of the following AmericanHort members:
- Susie Raker-Zimmerman, C. Raker & Sons
- Dan Batson, Greenforest Nursery
- Bill Calkins, Ball Horticultural Company
- Terri Cantwell, Bates Sons & Daughters
- Tom Demaline, Willoway Nurseries Inc
- Dale Deppe, Spring Meadow Nursery Inc
- Mark Foertmeyer, Foertmeyer & Sons Greenhouse
- Lisa Graf, Graf Growers
- Once the executive search firm has been selected, the search committee will reach out to members in all segments of the AmericanHort membership to participate in the CEO search process. CEO candidates will undergo a comprehensive interview process involving several interview teams to ensure an excellent fit for the vision and mission of AmericanHort.
“Hiring a CEO for the AmericanHort requires different insights, expertise, and access to a broader market,” says Susie Raker-Zimmerman, chair of the search committee. “The guidance of a professional service will ensure we have a solid recruitment strategy and access to the best candidates.”
The committee is dedicated to moving this process along as expeditiously as possible to ensure that the momentum of the association continues. The search time is not expected to impact the operations of the association or its service to the industry.