Applications Now Being Accepted for GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship
The GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year scholarship program is now accepting applications for 2020.
The GPN/Nexus scholarship program looks for college students whose internship experience has changed their outlook on horticulture — both in the classroom as well as in the greenhouse. If you have an internship program at your company and/or know a student like this, please tell that person about this program
The 2020 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A check for $3,000;
- Be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2020 issue of GPN;
- Receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’20 in Columbus, Ohio, next July;
- A complimentary full Cultivate’20 registration.
To be considered for the 2020 scholarship, the student must currently be enrolled in a four-year accredited U.S. university or college during 2018-2019 and 2019-2020; be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture; and have completed a greenhouse-related internship in 2019.
To apply for this scholarship, the student must:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends;
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor;
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.
All application materials should be sent to me at [email protected]americanpublish.com by Oct. 14, 2019.
You can learn more about the previous 20 scholarship winners by visiting gpnmag.com/intern-of-the-year.