Bayer Announces Personnel Appointments
The Turf and Ornamental (T&O) business of Bayer’s Crop Science division, has announced appointments for several leadership positions within T&O.
The changes will enhance focus on the evolving needs of professional turf and ornamentals (T&O) customers. The following staffing appointments will be effective as of Jan. 1, 2019:
- Kayla Brugman, Plant Health and Disease Management Portfolio Manager
- John Wendorf, Customer Marketing Manager, Lawn Care and Ornamentals Segments
- Peter Farno, Ornamentals Sales Manager
- Mike Hirvela, Customer Marketing Manager, Golf and Sports Turf Segment
“As we look to the new year, we see a dynamic industry with ever-evolving customer needs,” said Glenn Rougier, head of marketing for the Bayer Turf & Ornamentals Business. “In these new roles, our dedicated team will focus even more closely on customer needs as critical guideposts for innovation and new strategic solutions to support our customers.”
- Kayla Brugman will assume the newly created role of Plant Health and Disease Management Portfolio Manager. Brugman joined the Crop Science Division of Bayer in 2014 as a member of the Commercial Excellence Leadership Program and has since served the organization in marketing and product management roles.
- John Wendorf will take on expanded responsibilities as Customer Marketing Manager, Lawn Care and Ornamentals Segments. Wendorf has been part of the Bayer Turf and Ornamentals team for more than five years. Prior to working with Bayer, he managed the grower division of a major distributor, specializing in chemical and fertilizer products throughout the greenhouse business segments.
- Peter Farno will move into the role of Ornamentals Sales Manager. Farno has been with Bayer for twenty years and has led business and marketing efforts across the turf and ornamentals and professional pest management (PPM) markets.
- Mike Hirvela will take on the newly created role of Customer Marketing Manager, Golf and Sports Turf Segment. Prior to joining Bayer more than a decade ago, Hirvela owned and operated one of only 16 companies in Michigan to be certified as a Healthy Lawn Care Provider by the MGIA and managed an 18-hole golf course and country club in Bloomfield, Michigan.