Cannabis Science Conference returns to Oregon
“Portland, Oregon is a natural fit for our Spring 2023 Cannabis Science Conference, with its established cannabis and medical markets, and openness toward emerging markets such as psychedelics,” says Megan L’Heureux, spokesperson for CSC, and the group editorial director of Cannabis Science and Technology and Cannabis Patient Care magazines. “CSC’s goal is to spread information and empowerment through education, and we are bringing a hard-hitting team of professional experts to share knowledge and have in-depth conversations about how to move these niche industries forward. We look forward to tackling topics like using psychedelics and medical cannabis to help veterans and other patient demographics as well as our core topic areas focused on analytical testing and cultivation. Our agenda will hit every topic our audience has been asking to learn more about.”
The agenda will include four main program tracks, with professional expert chairs including analytical chair Julie Kowalski Ph.D., a technical consultant serving the cannabis and hemp testing markets, Cultivation chair Zacariah L. Hildenbrand Ph.D., who sits on the editorial advisory board of cannabis science and technology, medical chair Cherissa Jackson, who served 23 years of active-duty military service with 10 years as a US.. Air Force nurse, and psychedelics chair Dr. Denise Vidot, an epidemiologist at the University of Miami where she is founder of the International Cannabis & Psychedelic Research Collaborative.
The show will feature several key sessions, including:
- Low and Ultra-Low Doses of Cannabinoids: Are We Missing the Sweet Spot? by Dr. Dustin Sulak, DO, healer
- MDMA/Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy: The Path to Potential FDA Approval by Dr. Sue Sisley, MD, president of Scottsdale Research Institute (SRI) and president/founder of Field to Healed Foundation
- A panel discussion on Results from the First NIH Funded Population-based Study of Medical Marijuana
- A panel discussion on Quality Assurance and Safety in Cannabis, Psilocybin, and Hemp
- A film screening of the movie Unprescribed, and a conversation on the increasing numbers of veterans are turning to cannabis as a safer alternative to pharmaceuticals by filmmaker Steve Ellmore.
For the full show agenda, please visit the CSC website.
CSC previously ran their cannabis scientific event in Portland in 2019, and has plans to offer shows in other emerging markets around the country in coming months, with plans to run two shows per year in regions where conversations are taking place. Stay tuned for information on other upcoming events.