Farwest Finalizes Conference Lineup
The 2022 Farwest Show in Portland has seminars for all green industry professionals, including growers, breeders, arborists, landscape designers, landscapers, businesspeople, marketers, nursery workers, salespeople, and those interested in sustainability.
Over the course of three days, Aug. 24–26, there are more than 50 hours of educational content scheduled that all offer some form of professional development credit, including 10 classes good towards pesticide certification. Those purchasing their seminar, show or tour pass by July 31 can save with early bird registration.
Some Farwest speakers include:
- Anne Obarski, founder and CEO of Merchandise Concepts, presenting sessions on improving your workplace culture, creating an astonishing customer experience in your garden center, and merchandising your sales floor for maximum impact;
- Alison Kutz, biocontrol advisor and owner at Sound Horticulture, presenting two sessions on beneficial insects;
- Josef Racsko, technology manager at Mycorrhizal Applications LLC, presenting on plant growth regulators;
- Danny Summers, managing director of The Garden Center Group, presenting on the future of retail;
- Nancy Buley, communications director at J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co., presenting on the development and breeding of climate-resistant urban trees;
- Ann Chase, cofounder of Chase Agricultural Consulting, giving updates on plant disease control products; and
- Timothy Howard, president and founder of Clarity Connect Inc., presenting on putting your company’s best foot forward on the web, as well as how to reinvest in your business to improve its future performance.
The show and conference will also include keynote by Greg Bell, at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, which will be free to all registered Farwest participants.
Following Bell’s keynote presentation, the trade show floor will open from noon–5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 24. It will be open from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25 and 10 a.m.–2 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 26. Conference seminars will run all three days starting at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, and the Farwest nursery tours will happen Tuesday, August 23.
Registration for the show and conference is live at www.farwestshow.com/register.