Oct 13, 2022
SAF Launches Free Webinars on Mental Wellness

In response to industry feedback and a growing need for resources to helpSociety of American Florists business owners and their teams improve well-being, Society of American Florists (SAF) is launching a series of webinars centered on “Mental Well-Being: The Impact on Productivity, Retention and Profits.” All webinars will be presented by Barry Gottlieb, a SAF Orlando 2022 speaker, industry author and motivational coach.

In today’s workforce, 75% of employees are suffering from anxiety, the other 25% are in denial and a disengaged employee costs a business 34% of their salary. A company is only as resilient as its people. If employees are anxious, reactive and burned out, every business metric — from productivity to attrition to customer success — will be affected.

All businesses, whether large, small, e-commerce, or brick-and-mortar, must place a much bigger emphasis on mental wellness, stress management, gratitude and resilience.

Webinars will cover:

  • Research that shows why companies with happy, engaged workers enjoy better profits and better customer loyalty
  • Why mental well-being must be addressed in the workplace
  • How to make small changes to improve well-being
  • Anxiety and stress-busting techniques such as breathwork and meditation

Each webinar will take place from 2:00-2:45 p.m. ET and includes a presentation with time for questions.

Dates to remember:

  • Thursday, Oct. 13: Part 1: Mental Well-Being in the Workplace

In this first webinar, Gottlieb shares how mental health impacts not just owners and employees but also the health of businesses, making the case that mental health is a risk and an opportunity that business leaders can’t afford to ignore.

  • Thursday, Oct. 20: Part 2: Healthy Habits

In this second webinar, Gottlieb dives into meditation, breath work and gratitude practices to calm your nerves anywhere, anytime.

  • Thursday, Oct. 27: Part 3: Sleeping Soundly

The third webinar of the series goes under the covers into the science of sleep, and how to ensure that your habits are setting you up for a night of mental rest.

“The data speaks for itself, but SAF has also heard anecdotally from many, many floral professionals that mental health is a real issue and that it’s having an impact on business,” says SAF CEO Kate Penn. “We’re making this webinar free, so everyone in the industry can use the resources to help their teams.”

Webinars will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing on Career Connection. Learn more and register for all webinars or individual dates here.