AAS Announces Nine New Award Winners
All-America Selections, North America’s oldest and premier non-profit plant trialing organization has announced nine new AAS Winners for the 2019 gardening season.
Each of the following new AAS Winners was trialed throughout North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grew them next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class. Only the top performing varieties earn the AAS Winner designation.
The new AAS Winners for the 2019 garden season are:
- Begonia ‘Viking XL Red on Chocolate’ bred by Sakata Seed Corp. — National
- Marigold ‘Big Duck Gold’ bred by Ameriseed — National
- Nasturtium ‘Baby Rose’ bred by Takii Europe — Regional (Northeast, Heartland, Mountain/Southwest)
- Petunia ‘Wave Carmine Velour’ bred by PanAmerican Seed — National
- Pepper ‘Just Sweet’ bred by Seminis Home Garden — National
- Tomato ‘Chef’s Choice Black’ bred by Seeds by Design — Regional (Southeast, Mountain/Southwest and West/Northwest)
- Tomato ‘Fire Fly’ bred by Seeds by Design — National
- Tomato ‘Red Torch’ bred by A.P. Whaley Seed — National
- Tomato ‘Sparky’ bred by A.P. Whaley Seed — Regional (Heartland)
Previously announced AAS Winners for 2019, Watermelon ‘Cal Sweet Bus’h and Melon ‘Orange SilverWave’, are on the AAS website.
Retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain. Garden communicators are free to begin writing about these varieties now to build demand for 2019 and future years.
You can learn more about all of these award winners by visiting www.all-americaselections.org/winners.