SNA Elects New Officers
The Southern Nursery Association (SNA) recently announced its new slate of officers who will serve for the 2019 term. The announcement was made during the 120th Annual SNA Business Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland, during The SNA Conference.
Joseph Napoli, Athens Wholesale Nursery, Athens, Georgia, was elected president succeeding Norman Cole, III.
The election, open to all active SNA members, determines representation from the four geographic regions of the association:
- Chapter 1 – Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia
- Chapter 2 – Florida, Georgia and South Carolina
- Chapter 3 – Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Oklahoma and Tennessee
- Chapter 4 – Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas
The complete slate of officers is:
- President — Joseph Napoli, Athens Wholesale Nursery, Athens, Georgia
- Vice President/Treasurer/Director Chapter 3 — Rickey Minton, Triangle Nursery, McMinnville, Tennessee
- Director Chapter 4 — Todd Ellefson, Windmill Nursery, Franklinton, Louisiana
- Director Chapter 1 — Matthew Shreckhise, Shreckhise Nurseries, Grottoes, Virginia
- Director Chapter 2 — Marcus Cook, Marcus Cook Farms, Gray Court, South Carolina
- Immediate Past President — Norman Cole, III, Cole Nurseries, Pipestem, West Virginia
“This 2019 board represents a group of diverse industry leaders, all with excellent business skills that can be leveraged to the advantage of the SNA,” said Karen Summers, SNA executive vice president. “Joe Napoli is a very unique individual and I am excited to see where this conductor will lead the SNA. We have a very energetic and talented board and I am very confident in their abilities to lead this 120-year-old association forward,” she added.
For more information, visit the SNA website at www.sna.org.