Farwest Shares Seminar Sneak Peek
The 2021 Farwest Show, taking place August 18-20 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon, is offering three seminars that focus on climate adaptability, regenerative landscapes, and opportunities to leverage environmentally friendly landscaping techniques.
These sessions will provide actionable recommendations so that designers, architects, and landscape professionals can strategically change everything from their irrigation plans to inventory options as global conditions break from the norm. All the seminars will be delivered at Farwest, the biggest green industry trade show in the West, held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon.
- Bess Bronstein, horticultural consultant and ISA-certified arborist, will present her session titled “Changing Times, Changing Gardens” from 9:45–10:45 a.m. on Wednesday, August 18.
- Erik Swartzendruber of the Willamette Valley Regenerative Landscape Coalition will present two sessions on Thursday, August 19; “Regenerative Landscaping” from 9:45–10:45 a.m., and “Eco-Landscaping 101” from 11:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
Farwest will also offer three seminars that can help retail garden centers rejuvenate their marketing tactics and increase sales.
These sessions will provide garden center owners and green industry professionals with actionable ideas to boost sales via improved communication tactics, tools to bolster their company brand, and the latest merchandising techniques:
- Ryan McEnaney is the marketing and communications manager for Bailey Nurseries and his session titled “Understanding Millennials from a Millennial Perspective” will take place 8:30–9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 18.
- Later that day, from 2:30–3:30 p.m., Sherri Noxel, Ph.D., principal of Enterprising Generations LLC, will deliver “Promoting Your Family Business in Your Brand.”
- From 8:30–9:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 19, Joe Baer, CEO of ZenGenius, will present “Merchandising 101: How to Grow Your Business with Basic Visual Merchandising Techniques.”
Registration for the sessions is required. Convenient registration is available at farwestshow.com/register. Complete details on events, daily schedules, speakers and education for Farwest can be found out www.farwestshow.com.