AAS Announces First 2020 Winners
All-America Selections recently announced five new winners, all of which are new edible varieties. The AAS Winners were trialed throughout North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grew them next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class. Only those entries that performed better than the comparisons are granted the AAS award designation.
The first five AAS Winners for the 2020 garden season are:
- Cucumber Green Light F1 — Bred by Known-You Seeds (national)
- Tomato Celano F1 (pictured above) — Bred by ProVeg Seeds (national)
- Tomato Early Resilience F1 — Bred by Heinz Seeds (national)
- Tomato Galahad F1 — Bred by EarthWork Seeds, distributed by Garden Trends Wholesale (regional)
- Watermelon Mambo F1 — Bred by Known-You Seeds (national)
Growers, retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain.
For more details about the trials, visit https://all-americaselections.org/breeders/.