NE Greenhouse Conference to Offer Hydroponics Education Sessions
This November, the 2018 Northeast Greenhouse Conference and Expo will feature educational sessions on starting hydroponic leafy greens and herb production.
The Northeast Greenhouse Conference will take place Nov. 7-8, in Boxboro, Massachusetts. The two hydroponics sessions that will be offered on Nov. 7 are:
- Production Systems for Leafy Greens and Herbs, Neil S. Mattson, Cornell University
- Nutrient Solution and pH Management for Hydroponic Crops, Ryan Dickson, University of New Hampshire
On Nov. 8, the courses that will be presented include:
- Greenhouse Strawberry Production- Physiologies and Technologies for High Quality Fruit Production, Chieri Kubota, The Ohio State University
- Benefits and Risks of a Closed-Loop Irrigation, Rosa E. Raudales, University of Connecticut
- Successfully implementing BCAs in a Pest Management Program, Ronald Valentin, Bioline Agrosciences, Inc.
You can learn more about the program schedule and presenters at
The biennial Northeast Greenhouse Conference & Expo is co-sponsored by New England Floriculture, Inc. — a group of grower representatives from the Northeast, augmented by University and Cooperative Extension staff in each state who specialize in greenhouse crops and management.