UConn Announces Upcoming Webinar Series
The University of Connecticut Greenhouse Research and Extension will be hosting a webinar series for greenhouse growers titled “Vegetable Seedling and Transplant Production in Greenhouses.”
Hosted by Rosa E. Raudales and Leanne Pundt, the target audience is growers producing vegetables and herbs as seedlings or transplants in heated greenhouses. Click here for more information.
All webinars will take place 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. EST. The scheduled topics and speakers are as follows:
- Jan. 4: Achieving Transplant Uniformity – Roberto Lopez, Michigan State University
- an. 5: Managing the Root Zone in Plug Trays – Paul Fisher, University of Florida
- Jan. 6: Using Organic Fertilizers for Vegetable Transplants* – Neil Mattson, Cornell University
- Jan. 7 – Identifying and Managing Pests of Vegetable Transplants* – Leanne Pundt, University of Connecticut
- Jan. 8 – Identifying & Preventing Common Diseases in Herbs & Vegetable Seedlings in Greenhouses* – Meg McGrath, Cornell University
To register, click here. Registration is a flat $25 fee for Connecticut growers and students (regardless if you attend one or the whole series). For all others, registration is $25 per seminar.
*One pesticide recertification credit has been approved for three of the five one-hour webinars for New England states.
A second webinar series will take place in February titled “Bedding Plants Meeting 2021.” The target audience is commercial greenhouse growers (wholesale and retail) producing ornamental spring bedding plants, specialty annuals and herbaceous perennials.
One pesticide recertification credit has been approved for each one-hour webinar for New England States.
The scheduled topics and speakers are:
- Feb. 10: Effective Use of Plant Growth Regulators – George Grant, Griffin Greenhouse Supplies
- Feb. 17: Research Update on Managing Greenhouse Insect and Mite Pests – Raymond Cloyd, Kansas State University
- Feb. 24: Diseases of Spring Annuals and Herbaceous Perennials – Margery Daughtrey, Cornell University
For more information and to register, click here.