Looking for #18 in ‘17
Believe it or not, in January GPN and Nexus Greenhouse Corp. will be recognizing our 18th Intern of the Year!
During the past 17 years, we have met some pretty amazing students that are currently making an impact on our industry. It has been a lot of fun learning about their internship experiences as well as their professional goals — and then watching them go out and achieve them.
Well, it’s that time of year again. We are now taking applications for the 2017 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year.
Does you company have an internship program or do you know a college student who might be interested in applying to be number 18?
Here is a reminder of what 2017 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A check for $3,000;
- Be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2017 issue of GPN;
- Receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’17 in Columbus, Ohio, next July as well as a complimentary full Cultivate’17 registration.
To be considered for the 2017 scholarship, the student must meet these requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a four-year accredited university during 2015-2016 and 2016-2017;
- Must be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture; and
- Have completed a greenhouse-related internship in 2016.
To apply for the 2017 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship the student needs to:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends;
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor; and
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Oct. 19, 2016.
If you or the student have any questions about the 2017 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.