Apply for SAFs industry awards by May 1
The Society of American Florists (SAF) is calling for nominations for several awards, which will be bestowed upon honorees during SAF Phoenix 2023, SAF’s 138th annual convention in Scottsdale on Sept. 6-9.
Carol Caggiano, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, who serves as the chairperson of SAF’s Awards Committee, says the accolades are not just a celebration of the winners’ achievements, but also an inspiration for everyone in the industry attending the event.
- The Gold Medal Award, which honors a professional who has originated or introduced a widely-distributed plant or flower.
- The Century Award, which honors companies with at least 100 years in the floral industry.
- Alex Laurie Award for Research and Education, which honors an individual who has made broad-scope, long-lasting contributions to research or education in the floriculture industry.
- Floriculture Hall of Fame, the industry’s highest honor, recognizes the highest standards of service and professional responsibility of members of the floral industry.
- John H. Walker Award, which honors floral association executives for the role they play as leaders in the industry.
- Paul Ecke, Jr. Award, which honors an individual with exemplary devotion to profession, industry, and community.
- The new Next Gen Rising Star Award, which honors forward-thinking young professionals who demonstrate creativity, innovation, tenacity and leadership in their work and the potential to make a positive impact on the floral industry (deadline is June 30).
“I encourage anyone in our industry that has been inspired by another to recommend them for the appropriate award,” she says. “There are so many hardworking and creative people that really do deserve recognition. By recognizing the achievements of others we reward a job well done, as well as inspiring and encouraging excellence in others.”
Click here for more information about SAF’s awards and nomination information.