Northeast Greenhouse Conference to Feature Sessions on Hydroponic Leafy Greens
The Northeast Greenhouse Conference and Expo is set to take place Nov. 3-4, 2021, at the Boxboro Regency Hotel in Boxborough, Massachusetts.
The conference will feature educational sessions on the production of hydroponic leafy greens on Nov. 4. These sessions will include:
- Specialty Leafy Green Production: Managing the environment and Culture, Chris Currey, Iowa State University
- Tips for Producing High Quality, Non-flowering, and Flavorful Culinary Herbs by Manipulating Light, CO2 and Temperature, Roberto Lopez, Michigan State University
- Water and Nutrient Management for Leafy Greens, Neil Mattson, Cornell CCE
- Understanding Greenhouse Climate Control for High Yielding, Leafy Greens and Herbs, Neil Mattson, Cornell CCE
- Managing Diseases on Herbs, Mary Hausbeck, Michigan State University
- Practices to Have an Effective IPM and Biocontrol Program. Ron Valentin, Bioworks, Inc.
The biennial Northeast Greenhouse Conference and Expo is co-sponsored by New England Floriculture Inc. — a group of grower representatives from the Northeast, augmented by University and Cooperative Extension staff in each state who specialize in greenhouse crops and management.