DOE to Present Webinar on Cogeneration for Controlled Environments
On Oct. 12, 2021, the Department of Energy’s Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Technical Assistance Partnerships will host a special webinar on Combined Heat and Power in Controlled Environment Agriculture. The webinar will take place from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. PDT.
Greenhouses and vertical farms are an ideal application for CHP as they demand substantial heat and power.
CHP systems generate electricity on-site and the resulting waste heat is used to provide facility electricity, heating, cooling, dehumidification and CO2 capture.
CHP-connected sites are used widely in Europe and Canada to control and optimize the growing environment – and this solution is now taking off in the U.S.
During the webinars, attendees will learn how CHP systems can cost-effectively use both natural gas and renewable energy resources for CEA – with the added bonus of carbon dioxide capture.
A panel of leading global experts will provide perspectives on technology, systems solutions and financing.
The speakers include:
- Rich Sweetser – President, Exergy Partners and Sr. Advisor, U.S. DOE CHP Deployment Team
- Kurt Parbst – President, Parbst Horti Facility, LLC
- Dick Kramp – Sales Director, Center of Excellence CEA, AB Energy USA, LLC
- Murray Millander – CEO and Co-Founder, Enrgistx, Inc.
- Howard Ulep – Director of Finance, RWH Energy